Thursday, June 27, 2013

EDG646

Today is the last day of my sixth course at Cabrini for my principal's cohort and the technology and educational leadership EDG646. Before I started this course I really thought I knew a lot about technology and how to use it in the classroom. After just five days in the class I know that I dont think i can even consider myself a novice.  i am at a basic understanding at best.  Our instructor, Lyn Hilt, whom I have come to know a little better over the past week has opened up my eyes to a world that I never thought was possible and frankly I despised for a long time.  Twitter has always given me a bad taste and I have imagined anyone who used to be a gossip and it was a tool to tell people all of the mundane things in your life. After one class I started to see the importance of using it correctly as a source of information, collaboration and a tool that wi make me a better teacher, student, principal and ultimately a better educator. Blogging is another tool that will become more of my daily life. I know I don't know everything and I am always asking for help. Blogging lets you add to the Internet and just maybe what I say will help someone someday.  Tom Murray of the Quakertown School district,  Dr. Joe Mazza of the North Penn School District and Lyn Hilt of the East Lancaster County School District are three people that are very passionate about technology, education and above all making sure that the students that we encounter on an everyday basis are being impacted in a genuine way so that they become learners who are prepared for global/digital world that we live in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment